Posted by : Oelette Nudols Miyerkules, Setyembre 24, 2014

I was about to post this months ago but then I'm busy for midterms and the details are not complete so I posted this just now. First I don't care about Weaboos phenomena thingy as long as it does not concern me. I let things go with their flow and let them do what they want. But for now, after seeing Netizen quarrels about being a Weaboo or not on a certain Facebook fan page, throwing foul words to each other and talking crap Weaboos whatnot. 


What's the big deal being an WEABOO?


Credits to the owner



Let me start it with, WHAT IS WEABOO/WAPANESE? Weaboo is a combination of a word WANNABE and JAPANESE. A non-Japanese person who is freaking obsessed with Japanese culture and follow it as if they never had one before, people who mixes their language together with Nihon Go That raccoon is kawaii-my ass. or speak Japanese words that they have only adopted after watching anime BAYAROU KONYAROU!(from Naruto; Killer B) and sounds so stupid for pronouncing it stupidly wrong. A non-Japanese who thinks they are the character from the Anime they adore and if ever there's someone who will say I don't freakin' love Kirito of SOA cause he is a gay then that Kirito-hardcorefan will abuse you through verbal, it is a non-Japanese anime obsessed who's willing to fight over internet or in person for their waifu fiction-character oh yeah capslock me to death if you just insulted Anime, they'll over react and cause a violence to others. A non-Japanese person who spend their money or parent's money just to buy tons of figures, costumes, and mangas. Someone who worships Japan more than their country and tries too hard for them to be a real life anime character.



So now you think you are one of those Certified Weaboo just because some of it fits the shoe? Now let us go deeper, let us talk more about what is Weaboo so that you won't be confused. If you think you are a Weaboo here are some advice for you to realize sort of stuff but seriously speaking being a waeboo is not a big deal FOR ME Now, what are things you must first to realize? this is all based on my opinion.




1. I, myself, really like Japanese culture, I even read articles about it, example: how you use chopstick while eating in Japan, The right degree angle when you Bow to someone BUT I never used it, I never say ITADAKIMASU! in front of anyone before I eat my meals or say TADAIMA! when I got home because it is not part of my culture. And that is so freaking weird, my mom might ask me if I used drugs or what.


2. And because I have watched and like Anime, I self study myself to learn Nihon Go. I searched all over the internet about how I can speak Japanese and studied, I learned a lot BUT I never speak Japanese in front of my classmate UNLESS the one i'm speaking with could understand what I'm saying or I must say a buddy who's also studying Japanese. Or never say BAKAA!!!!!!, KAMPAIII!!!!!! specially to strangers or any random short Japanese phrases, Hey! baby you are kawaii desu~~~, Please tell me Harry-Kun! Onegaiii~, Notice me senpai! (I always say Notice me senpai, whenever I talk to my co-otakus, for they can understand it, and get my point.) Do not ever insert Japanese words in the middle of your mother tongue language. Well you are safe if you are studying Japanese, because you're just using it orally but for damn sake don't over do it up to you are already talking to your innocent mom who's not aware of Japanese stuff, and she'll say "wtf dude" loljk.


3. I adore the personality of Konan of Naruto, Ryuko Matoi and Yato of Noragami, but hey! I never think of being exactly like them, all the lesson I have encountered while watching anime I apply it in my life but I NEVER ACT LIKE I'M THE FICTIONAL CHARACTER OF THE ANIME I ADORE. Be yourself, I mean, you can't just be that fictional character, right? You don't have to push yourself way too hard to be the anime character you adore. Be yourself.


4. Never EVER cause a fight over an Anime Character, put in your mind that everyone has their own opinion and so you are which everyone should respect and so they are to you. Remember, Anime character don't even exist for you to hurt someone using verbal abuse. If someone tell you I hate Kirito and he is a gay IGNORE, who cares anyway? 



What I am pointing is that, you may like their culture ALWAYS RESPECT OTHERS AND EVEN YOUR OWN CULTURE, you can watch several types of anime, you can speak their language in a appropriate way.


You can't be already a Waaeboo by just watching anime but nowadays people mistaken Weaboo by just watching anime where's the fudging logic peopleee!!!. I tell you, you can't just tell someone that they are a Waaeboo just because they did many cosplays and bought figures or posters, you just cant. I think being a Weaboo is the attitude over matter. Being a narrow minded person and too much obsession that you forgot the real stuff or real thing and start fight over fictional character are what makes you a Weaboo. 



These are just some of the information, but being a Weaboo is a long way more discussion than this.



So that's it, for my final speech here is the link of 10 steps on How to avoid becoming a Weaboo CLICK HERE. But I tell you, Waaeboo or not, Anime is still Anime. Thank you for reading! :)




{ 1 (mga) komento... read them below or add one }

  1. To make it simple, weaboo is an exaggeration over anime or Japanese stuffs. If a person is not into this kind and knows how to act properly, he/she can be considered as an anime enthusiast. It is more politically correct than saying you're an otaku, which is a negative connotation in Japan.

    TumugonBurahin

- Copyright © 2014 Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts - Mirai Kuriyama - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -